It has been a little over a month since I celebrated the end of my 25th year of life. Totally had to ask my Mom what we actually did on my birthday.. this is why I blog, or why I need to blog more often. The weekend of my birthday was a whirlwind. The end of college and work, graduation, Mother’s Day, and then my birthday. On top of all that I was packing and running around like a chicken with my head cut off trying to figure out my plan to get California.
Whatever I did on my birthday, it was great, I’m sure of it.
So if you’re new here, or you just don’t pay a lot of attention to detail, for the last two years I’ve created a list of goals equal to the years old I am, and set a completion date of the next birthday. Thus, I made a goal of 25 things to do before I turned 26. Here’s the list with some additional comments regarding completion or otherwise…
1. Create blog content that I am proud of, and feel less guilty about how often I post. Half completed, still not super proud of the content I created this past year.. but I have no guilt about it.
2. Maintain my current GPA. Last semester was hard, but I made tons of cool friends, so.. Whatever.
3. Appreciate Iowa through travel.
4. Go on a mother/daughter adventure
5. Build a professional portfolio.
6. Propagate an excessive amount of succulents and give them away to friends!
7. Grow an herb garden from seedlings.
8. Finish the beauty room: hang pictures, cover pillows, etc. Going to miss this perfect room, but all it’s contents will be making their way to my new home.
9. 30 days of biking It rains a lot in April, and I am not about pouring rain bike life. Should have done it in the fall, totally missed my opportunity.
10. Put a bird feeder in the yard.
11. Paint the front door red.
12. Complete a month of yoga challenge.
13. Get in the habit of meal planning, and grocery shopping once weekly.
14. Be more patient. I think I need to accept I’m never going to be very patient. Again, Whatever.
15. Finish at least one internship.
16. Update and re-design my resume. Most beautiful resume ever. Jussayin’.
17. Mail birthday cards often. This year. Promise.
18. Host a themed party each season. As much as I love my friends, they have no ability to show up on time, and they don’t really like games very much.. BLAMING THEM.
19. Wear my glasses (and maybe get new ones). NO BUT SERIOUSLY, DO THIS!
20. Clean out my closet, and stop hoarding clothes that I never wear.
21. Be kind, caring, and more available especially to those who need me. Can I really be the one to cross this off? I don’t know if I was, but I tried to be, so I feel good about it.
22. Have a girls night at least once a month (sorry Jess and Becca, I guess you have to do this too).
23. Look at events in life with a best-case instead of worst-case interpretation. Or just ask. I’m going to say I did pretty flippin’ good at this, and I think it made a huge difference, especially in terms of winter blues. I would highly recommend not being so hard on yourself, and if you have anxiety or you’re worried about how someone feels about you or why they treated you however or whatever.. either get over it, forget them, or just ask what the hell is up. Endlessly worry about stuff is a huge waste of time. You do you, girl.
24. Make at least 5 of these crafts Officially accepted I am not a crafter.
25. Lose 30 pounds! BOOM CROSS THAT SHIT OFF BITCHES! Whaaaaat. Yep. Nailed it. The picture below: 1. Last weekend in April 2015. I saw this picture and cried because obviously that’s how like every weight loss story begins. ‘WHO THE HELL IS THAT PERSON!?’ 2. Birthday weekend 2015, I felt pretty, but my vest was really tight on my arms. 3. February 2016, I had been working out with Dan for a month. I felt better than ever. 4. The last weekend of April 2016. Not a huge difference since February, but I was so stupid stressed and still felt good that night. That never would have happened in 2015, or really ever.
I’m stupid pleased with how 25 Before 26 went. I mean, if I’d accomplished nothing but worrying less, spreading more kindness and support, and losing 30 pounds, I’d be happy. But I did a bunch of other cool stuff, and it made for a really great year. If you want to see more of that cool stuff, check out the 25 Before 26 category. And that denim vest is a little big on me now.