So I might have blabbed this to a few people, but I officially have my first PR internship! After a great interview/meeting with the President and Vice President I am now the 2015 Sturgis Falls Intern! For those of you that don’t know what Sturgis Falls is, head over to this post from this summer. The best part about this internship is that it will really be able to make of it what I want. Of course I have several things that I have to do, such as writing press releases, lots of social media updates, and just being anyone’s right hand girl throughout the actual weekend of Sturgis, but anything else I want to invest time in, I can! Next month I will be introduced to the Board of Directors and begin my work. I really want to bring younger local acts to the stage, like the bands I so often mention in my blog, and I want to encourage more people around my age to join in the festivities. This year is the 40th anniversary of the celebration, so it’s going to be a very special year. Sturgis Falls is something that I have loved for my entire life, and I can’t wait to be apart of making it the best it can be!
1. The decorating of our new house continues. I’ve been trying to utilize pieces I have in new and creative ways.
2. Audrey made falafels and tzatziki sauce early this week. She was already cooking when I got home from work, otherwise I would shared her recipe.
3. While Spring, and Christmas, are my first two favorite seasons (yes, Christmas is a season), I do love me some fall.
4. Our neighbors have the most gigantic mushroom I’ve ever seen ever in their yard. I thought it was a garbage bag.
5. This is the most delicious yogurt I’ve ever had. I bought it on special at Aldi, meaning they will probably never have it ever again… worst thing ever.
See you on Monday for the Weekend Wrap-Up!